I have been often told that I march to my own drummer. This blog is dedicated to my own little take on the world. Enjoy!

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Go Text Yourself!




Let me start off by saying that I am a huge hater of people who lack cell phone etiquette. I hate people who use them while driving, and talk on them in public places. I REALLY hate people who wander back and forth across sidewalks wile tilting their head to one side with their finger in their ear and give me a nasty look when they bump into me.
I am not against the technology. Cell phones can be very convenient. However I did not have one until 2 months ago when I was forced to get one for my job. I assure you that if someone else were not paying I would not have one at all. I am starting to get used to the thing though and have to admit I am finding my life a little easier than before. It’s nice. I can make and receive calls from wherever I am. That is where my affection for my phone stops. I do not need to send email, or shop, or surf the internet, or download Snoop Dog's latest single (or arrest news) or send Text Messages.
I find people who sit around talking about there phone or any of its functions extremely annoying.

Today I was sitting in my cube and happened to overhear a conversation that went something like this:

Coworker 1 – Did you talk to the sales rep?
Coworker 2 – Not yet.
Coworker 1 – You should Text him.
Coworker 2 – Well I texteded him last week and he never responded.

Ok, this is where I begin to cringe. Please do not assume by what I am about to say that I am a master of the English language but when did texteded become a word? Anyone who uses the word texteded should have their cell phone jammed up their ass. They sound ridiculous. I hold them in the same regard as people who use the word irregardless or who say "I could care less." Newsflash people: saying "I could care less" implies that you do in fact care!

When instant messaging first started you didn’t say I instant messageded him. You say “I sent him an IM.” How did this not transfer to cell phones? How is a text message not a TM?! They could very easily say “I sent him a TM.” Then at least they might still be annoying without sounding like a bubbling idiot.

5 Comments:

Blogger No1ofConsequence said...

Just because you can't figure out the text messaging function on your cell phone does not mean you should pour out your vitriol on the rest of us.

:-)

1:16 PM

 
Blogger Sheri said...

I was at a country club for a breakfast meeting two days ago. I was reminded as I walked in the front door to turn off my cell phone. They are not permitted in the buuilding. I think they have the right idea.

2:46 PM

 
Blogger Katie said...

Wow, a grammar lesson. It seems that there is a bit of your mother in you after all! LOL.

6:54 AM

 
Blogger A.S.S. said...

That's not even a little funny!

5:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter how annoying cell phone users, nothing they do can top the annoying nature of those nextel walkie-talkies. It's bad enough I have to hear half a conversation on the cell phones but now I am treated to the other half, all while being interspersed with that annoying beep.

7:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home