I have been often told that I march to my own drummer. This blog is dedicated to my own little take on the world. Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Out Of This World




In a little off planet news " U.S. astronaut Sunita Williams has now spent more time in space than any other woman, setting the record on Sunday as she and a crew mate upgraded the international space station's cooling system."

I think this is great. I am not one of those people who believe the space program is a waste of money. Human beings are explorers. Our very nature drives us to climb the next mountain, turn over the next rock, or even go to the next star. We need dreams. If those dreams turn us to the heavens in search of something that is actually tangible then all the better. We are still in the infancy of space exploration and I am only sorry I won't be around once things really get cookin. I think it would be cool to learn about life on other worlds. As long as they don't want to turn us into green mush with their ray guns I would be a big fan of meeting them. Our astronauts are so lucky to have this opportunity. As soon as space tourism gets under $100,000 a flight I'll be right there with them :o)

Then again there is a good possibility I could wind up with space dementia. Apparently Navy Capt. Lisa Marie Nowak may not be the best person to make first contact.





I guess she just wanted to feel the power between her legs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home