I have been often told that I march to my own drummer. This blog is dedicated to my own little take on the world. Enjoy!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'll Vote For That!




If you know me you know that I can get quite passionate about politics. Specifically it bothers the hell out of me that people spend so much of their time complaining about the government and how "this country is just not the same as it used to be" or about "how my taxes are too high" or ..... (Insert complaint here), yet when it comes to voting they can't find the 10 minutes it takes to be part of the solution. Of course my complaining about them not voting does not really do anything to get them to start. I do however try to encourage people I am friends with and work with to register to vote. This being said I don't really think that my preaching has ever done much to influence anyone one way or another. The same cannot be said however for Joe Redner. Joe Redner is running for the Tampa city council. Mr. Redner also happens to own a nude strip club. He has been so upset with voter turnout that he has offered anyone who votes in the election free admission to his club. I think this is brilliant! This is the solution that America has been looking for. I'll tell you this: If you tell an average American red blooded man that all he has to do to watch a naked girl shake her ass for free is to pull a lever he'll be fighting to get back into line. Perhaps this is the solution to the voting machine problems in Florida as well. They can have strippers in the booths to explain to these people how to press a button. They're slogan can be "Voting is so easy even a coked up stripper can do it!" Perhaps they can even place electrodes on the strippers naked breasts. Then voters could squeeze left for Democrat or right for Republican. Maybe just maybe this will start a whole new trend. Here are a few more ideas that might help with voter turnout:

1. Free tickets to the Friday night tractor pull
2. Vote for beer night
3. Vote for a Democrat and get to punch a Republican night
4. Come vote and meet a WWE superstar day
5. Come vote or your TV is confiscated for the Indy and Datona 500

Of course these are just a few ideas I though of after a 3 hour plane ride to Florida. I'd love to hear any ideas you might have as well. Together we may just come up with a solution.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me laugh. It certainly would be an improvement. I still think you should run for office.

9:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home